Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sports Day

Well, yesterday was my junior high's sports day, and the students did well.  They really came together when it counted and gave their best effort to form their human pyramids and dance routines.  Unfortunately, there was a huge downpour that cancelled the last half of the afternoon session and left me and the other teachers slugging around it mud puddles and wet sand trying to get everything back in order.

My daughter's preschool sports day was today, and the weather cooperated, but as I said before, so much about Japan has to do with enduring monotony.  We stood around for four hours to watch her participate in about 10-15 minutes worth of activities.  Worse, still, the poor kids sat still in their chairs waiting for their turn.  I suppose it's a bit like a track meet or wrestling meet--lots of sitting and little action.  At any rate, it's done and over with, so I should stop complaining now...

No comments:

Post a Comment