Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day at Elementary

Today was my first day at elementary school, and it was absolutely refreshing.  The kids were genuinely friendly and excited about learning English.  They did their best to be respectful and to participate, and it was nice to be in front of a classroom and feel like there was actually some learning going on with the majority of students.  Many of the kids at my junior high came from the elementary that I was at today, so it makes me wonder what happens that changes them so much once they enter junior high.  Perhaps it's when they mix with the kids from the other schools, or when the older students set the tone at the junior high.  I'm sure I'll have a few theories by year's end, but for now I'm just glad that I'll have an oasis of sanity once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment