Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Universal Studios Japan

Universal Studios Japan

Jurassic Park

Mechanical Musical Show 












Last week was a busy one: I had my official evaluation on Halloween, which went well, thankfully.  Then we decided to spend two days at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka to celebrate birthdays.  Unfortunately, my back went out on me Friday morning before we left, but I took a couple of muscle relaxers and was feeling pretty good by the time we arrived, so I decided I would go on the rides with my kids.  Bad idea.  After the third ride I was feeling it--of course it was late afternoon by the time we finished the third ride, so we simply took in some of the shows and staked out a spot for the evening light parade, which my daughter absolutely loved.  The next morning brought rain and more back pain, and I'd unfortunately misplaced my muscle relaxers and couldn't find them after lunch (we later discovered them that evening buried in the suitcase), so I took off for home early by train because I could stand the entire way.  I knew if I walked around on a cool damp day and then sat on the bus for the ride home, I'd seize up.  So I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning at the chiropractor before finally scoping out an orthopedic doctor on Monday evening--this was good because HE could actually provide me with drugs.  Natural therapy is great when your healthy, but...  Anyway, here it is on Tuesday, five days later, and I'm finally coming around.  As for our trip to USJ, I think the kids had a pretty good time, but when asked to tell their grandparents what they did, they "couldn't remember"!  Well, I certainly won't forget, I have my back and my wallet to remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment