Monday, August 1, 2011

Day One at Maruyama

Well, it's not quite 8:00 am, but I've made it to my new job at Maruyama Junior High after several days of somewhat helpful, but mostly redundant trainings and orientations. It's nice to be away from the other foreigners for a spell and get a chance to meet everyone at my school. Maruyama has the reputation of being the 2nd worst school in Kobe, but because there aren't any students here yet, I can't say how accurate that assertion is. The kids I met along the way from the train station were helpful in directing me here, so it can't be all bad.

On a separate note, I'm happy to be getting some things delivered tonight: wash machine, dresser, shoe rack for the gennkan (entry way), three small book shelves, a fan (thank god--intentionally uncapitalized), and a combination microwave and "real" oven. Hopefully our house will be a home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment